Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP 4.9 | 6 September 2018
These release notes include the following topics:
VMware Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP makes it easy to access your remote desktops and published applications for the best possible user experience on the Local Area Network (LAN) or across a Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Work the way you want to - Use your Windows 10 tablet or smartphone to work on a remote desktop or published application from any location. Support for the VMware Blast display protocol means that your remote desktops and published applications are fast and responsive, regardless of where you are.
- Simple connectivity - Horizon Client is tightly integrated with Horizon 6 and Horizon 7 for simple setup and connectivity.
- Multitasking - Switch between Horizon Client and other apps without losing a remote desktop or published application connection.
- Continuum for Windows 10 Mobile support - Use a Microsoft Display dock to connect your Windows 10 smartphone to an external display and mouse and use Horizon Client just as you would use it on a desktop PC.
- Secure from any location - At your desk or away from the office, your data is always secure. Access your remote desktop or published application over Wi-Fi or 3G. Your remote desktop or published application is delivered securely to you wherever you are. Enhanced certificate checking is performed on the client device. Horizon Client supports RSA SecurID and RADIUS authentication.
- Configuring Horizon Client data sharing
If your Horizon administrator has opted to participate in the customer experience improvement program, VMware collects and receives anonymous data on client systems to prioritize hardware and software compatibility. You can configure whether to share information about your client system by enabling or disabling a setting in Horizon Client.
- VMware Blast is now the default display protocol
The default display protocol has changed from PCoIP to VMware Blast and H.264 decoding is turned on by default.
The user interface and documentation for Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP are available in English, Japanese, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Spanish.
- For the Windows 10 operating systems that this release of Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP supports, see "System Requirements" in the VMware Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP Installation and Setup Guide document.
- Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP is supported with the latest maintenance release of Horizon 6 version 6.x and later.
- To install Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP, open the Microsoft Store app on your device, search for the VMware Horizon Client app, and click Install or Free to download the app to your device.
- For complete installation and configuration information, see the VMware Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP Installation and Setup Guide document.
In a remote desktop, long-pressing the Ctrl and Shift keys to select multiple files does not work.
You must use two fingers to scroll a browser or document in a Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2016 remote desktop when the Local Zoom feature is enabled in Horizon Client settings.
You cannot type Polish-accented characters by pressing the right Alt key (AltGr key) in Continuum mode. Pressing the right Alt key in Continuum mode is recognized as pressing the left Alt key and activates the menu.
Workaround: Use this key combination for AltGr+<key>:
- Press and hold AltGr.
- Press and release Ctrl.
- Press and release <key>.
- Release AltGr.
The DPI synchronization feature does not work in a remote application session if you try to connect to an existing remote application session.