You can enable logging and collect a log bundle to send to VMware technical support.
To troubleshoot some issues, you might be directed to collect log files to send to VMware technical support. Because logging can affect the performance of Horizon Client, turn off the advanced logging feature when logging is no longer necessary.
Contact VMware technical support to determine where to send the log files that you collect.
- Open the Option menu.
- If you are not connected to a server, tap the Option menu in the upper-left corner of the Horizon Client menu bar.
- If you are connected to a server, but not yet connected to a remote desktop or published application, tap the Option menu in the upper-left corner of the desktop and application selection window.
- If you are connected to a remote desktop or published application, tap the Option button in the floating menu in the remote desktop or application window and tap Setting.
- Expand the Logging section and tap to toggle the Enable advanced logging option to On.
- Tap Collect support information, navigate to the location on your device to store the log files, select the directory, and tap Select folder.
For example, for convenience you might tap the Desktop item to save the logs in a folder on your local desktop.Horizon Client creates a folder named vmware-view-logs-timestamp in the location that you specified.
- (Optional) To create a .zip file of the log folder before sending it to VMware technical support, right-click the folder and select .
What to do next
Send the logs to VMware technical support.