You must specify server name and supply credentials for your user account.
Obtain the following information from your View administrator:
Instructions about whether to turn on a VPN (virtual private network) connection.
Server name to use for connecting to the View server.
Port number to use for connecting to the View server if the port is not 443.
The credentials you need to log in, such as Active Directory user name and password, RSA SecurID user name and passcode, RADIUS authentication user name and passcode, or smart card personal identification number (PIN).
Domain name for logging in.
For more information about the administrative tasks involved in setting up an embedded RSA SecurID software token, see the Using VMware Horizon Client guide for your device.
Determine which mode of certificate verification checking to use. See Certificate Checking Modes for Horizon Client.
- If a VPN connection is required, turn on the VPN.
- Tap the VMware Horizon app icon on the Start screen.
- If you are prompted for RSA SecurID credentials or RADIUS authentication credentials, enter the user name and passcode and tap Login.
The passcode might include both a PIN and the generated number on the token.
- If you are prompted a second time for RSA SecurID credentials or RADIUS authentication credentials, enter the next generated number on the token.
Do not enter your PIN and do not enter the same generated number entered previously. If necessary, wait until a new number is generated.
- When prompted, supply credentials.
- Type the user name and password as instructed by your View administrator.
- Select a domain.
- Tap Login.
The desktop and application selector screen appears.
- (Optional) To mark a remote desktop or application as a favorite, tap and hold (or right-click) the desktop or application icon and tap Mark as Favorite from the app commands at the bottom of the screen.
A star icon appears in the upper-right corner of the desktop or application name. The next time you log in, you can select Favorites from the drop-down list at the top of the screen to quickly find this application or desktop.
- (Optional) To pin a remote desktop to the Start screen, tap and hold (or right-click) the desktop icon and tap Pin to Start from the app commands at the bottom of the screen.
The next time you want to connect to the remote desktop, you can tap the shortcut on the client system's Start screen instead of tapping the VMware Horizon icon.
- Tap a desktop or application to connect to it.
If you are connecting to a session-based remote desktop, which is hosted on a Microsoft RDS host, and if the desktop is already set to use the Microsoft RDP display protocol, you will not be able to connect immediately. You will be prompted to have the system log you off of the remote operating system so that a connection can be made with the PCoIP display protocol from VMware.
The remote desktop or application starts. Depending on the options you chose, the next time you want to connect to the remote desktop or application, launch Horizon Client and select from a short list of favorites, or, for remote desktops, use a shortcut you pinned to the Start screen.