Pinning a remote desktop or hosted application shortcut to the Start screen saves steps when logging in.
- Tap the VMware Horizon app icon on the Start screen.
- Tap a server in the Servers list or, if necessary, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to display the app commands, tap the Add Server button, enter the name of View Connection Server or a security server, and tap Connect.
You might see a message that you must confirm before the login dialog box appears.
- Supply your credentials and tap Login.
- On the desktop and application selector screen, tap and hold (or right-click) the desktop or application icon.
The icon is selected and the app commands appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Pin, unpin, or change the name of the desktop shortcut.
If the shortcut is not yet pinned to the Start screen, tap Pin to Start in the app commands at the bottom of the screen. In the dialog box that appears, you can also change the name of the desktop.
The item in the app commands toggles to Unpin from Start.
If the shortcut is already pinned to the Start screen, tap Unpin from Start in the app commands.
You can also unpin the shortcut as you would any other Start screen shortcut: Touch the tile on the Start screen and swipe down so that the Unpin from Start command appears at the bottom of the screen.
Change the shortcut name
Unpin the shortcut and then pin it again with a different name.