When multi-session mode is enabled for a published application, you can use multiple sessions of the same published application when you log on to the server from different client devices.
For example, if you open a published application in multi-session mode on client A, and then open the same published application on client B, the published application remains open on client A and a new session of the published application opens on client B. By comparison, when multi-session mode is disabled (single-session mode), the published application session on client A disconnects and reconnects on client B.
The multi-session mode feature has the following limitations.
- Multi-session mode does not work for applications that do not support multiple instances, such as Skype for Business.
- If the application session is disconnected while you are using a published application in multi-session mode, you are logged off automatically and any unsaved data is lost.
A Horizon administrator must enable multi-session mode for the published application. You cannot enable or change the multi-session mode for a published application unless a Horizon administrator allows it.
- Connect to a server.
- Open the Settings dialog box and select Multi-Launch in the left pane.
If no published applications are available to use in multi-session mode, the Multi-Launch setting does not appear.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon in the upper-right corner of the desktop and application selection window.
- Right-click a remote desktop or published application in the desktop and application selection window and select Settings.
- Select the published applications that you want to use in multi-session mode and click OK.
If a Horizon administrator has enforced multi-session mode for a published application, you cannot change this setting.