You can set printing preferences in a remote desktop for the VMware Integrated Printing feature. With the VMware Integrated Printing feature, you can use local or network printers from a remote desktop without having to install additional printer drivers in the Windows remote desktop. For each printer available through this feature, you can set preferences for data compression, print quality, double-sided printing, color, and other settings.
To use VMware Integrated Printing, a Horizon administrator must enable the VMware Integrated Printing feature for the remote desktop.
To determine whether the VMware Integrated Printing feature is installed in a remote desktop, verify that the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\Remote Experience\x64\vmware-print-redir-server.exe and C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\Remote Experience\x64\vmware-print-redir-service.exe files exist in the remote desktop file system.
- In the Windows remote desktop, go to .
- In the Devices and Printers window, right-click the virtual printer and select Printer properties from the context menu.
In a single-user virtual machine desktop, each virtual printer appears as <printer_name>( vdi). By default, in a published desktop or published application, each virtual printer appears as <printer_name>(v <session_ID>).
- On the General tab, click Preferences.
- In the Printing Preferences dialog box, select the different tabs and specify which settings to use.
- To save your changes, click OK.