If you have two or more monitors, you can select the monitors on which to display a remote desktop window. For example, if you have two monitors, you can specify that the remote desktop window appears on only one of those monitors.
Beginning with Horizon 7 version 7.8, you can select up to six adjacent monitors with virtual desktops that are running Windows 10 version 1703 and later. Beginning with Horizon 7 version 7.9, you can select up to six adjacent monitors with virtual desktops that are running Windows 10 version 1803 and later. The monitors can be side by side, or stacked vertically. For example, you might configure two rows of three monitors each. With other Windows versions, or earlier VMware Horizon releases, you can use up to four adjacent monitors.
You must have two or more monitors.
- Start Horizon Client and connect to a server.
- Open the Settings dialog box for the remote desktop.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon in the upper-right corner of the desktop and application selection window and select the remote desktop in the left pane.
- Right-click the remote desktop in the desktop and application selection window and select Settings.
- Select PCoIP or VMware Blast from the Connect Via drop-down menu.
The Connect Via drop-down menu appears only if a Horizon administrator has enabled it.
- From the Display drop-down menu, select All Monitors.
Thumbnails of the monitors that are currently connected to the client system appear under Display settings. The display topology matches the display settings on the client system.
- To select or deselect a monitor on which to display the remote desktop window, click a thumbnail.
When you select a monitor, its thumbnail changes color. If you violate a display selection rule, a warning message appears.
- To save your changes, click Apply.
- To close the dialog box, click OK.
- Connect to the remote desktop.
Your changes are applied immediately when you connect to the remote desktop. Horizon Client saves display settings in a preferences file for the remote desktop after you exit from Horizon Client.