You can configure Horizon Client to synchronize the toggle states of the Num Lock, Scroll Lock, and Caps Lock keys from the client system to a remote desktop by enabling a setting in Horizon Client. This setting is disabled by default.
You can also use the Horizon Client Automatically synchronize the keypad, scroll and caps lock keys group policy setting to configure lock key synchronization. When this group policy setting is enabled or disabled, users cannot change the lock key synchronization setting in the Horizon Client user interface. For more information, see General Settings for Client GPOs.
If the Automatically synchronize the keypad, scroll and caps lock keys group policy setting is either disabled or not configured, or the Horizon Client lock key synchronization setting is not selected (the default setting), the lock key toggle state is synchronized from the remote desktop to the client system by default.
- Start Horizon Client and connect to a server.
- Open the Settings dialog box for the remote desktop.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon in the upper-right corner of the desktop and application selection window and select the remote desktop in the left pane.
- Right-click the remote desktop in the desktop and application selection window and select Settings.
- To enable the lock key synchronization feature, select the Automatically synchronize the keypad, scroll and cap lock keys check box and click OK.