The remote desktops and client systems on which you install the agent and client software must meet certain requirements to support the Browser Redirection feature.
With Browser Redirection, when an end user opens a website in the Chrome browser in a remote desktop, the web page is rendered on the client system instead of the agent system, and it is displayed over the remote browser's viewport. The viewport is the portion of the browser window that contains the content of the web page.
- Remote desktops
- Horizon Agent 7.10 or later must be installed on the virtual desktop or RDS host for published desktops. See the topics about installing Horizon Agent in the Setting Up Virtual Desktops in Horizon and Setting Up Published Desktops and Applications in Horizon documents.
- The VMware Browser Redirection group policy settings must be configured on the Active Directory server. See the topics about configuring Browser Redirection in the Configuring Remote Desktop Features in Horizon document.
- The Chrome browser or Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser must be installed.
- The VMware Horizon Browser Redirection extension must be installed in the browser. See the topics about configuring Browser Redirection in the Configuring Remote Desktop Features in Horizon document.
- Display protocol for the remote session
- VMware Blast