Horizon Client for Windows 2206 includes the following new features:
- Support for background blur and effects when using Microsoft Teams Optimization
Background blur and effects enable you to blur your background or select a background image before or during a video call or meeting. For details and dependencies, see Media Optimization in Microsoft Teams in the Horizon Remote Desktop Features and GPOs guide.
- Support for HID (Human Interface Device) compatible headset usage when using Microsoft Teams Optimization
For details and dependencies, see Media Optimization in Microsoft Teams in the Horizon Remote Desktop Features and GPOs guide.
- Support for timeout warning and timer
You can configure the warning to be displayed and set the timer at which the warning is displayed before a user is forcibly disconnected from a remote desktop or published application. You can also configure the message that is displayed when the user is forcibly disconnected.
- Display timeout message before forced disconnect
You can configure a message and timeout warning to be displayed before a user is forcibly disconnected from a remote desktop or published application.
- Media Optimization for Microsoft Teams can be changed on the VMware Horizon Client for Windows User Interface
You can now change Media Optimization setting for supported WebRTC based Unified Communications apps on the Calls and Sharing dialog box. For example, Microsoft Teams Optimization can be disabled. This setting is enabled by default and this is the recommended setting.
- Encryption of on-screen keyboard input
On-screen keyboard encryption is enabled when you select Enable Keylogger Blocking during custom installation.
- Support for a favorite remote desktop or published application on a Horizon Cloud Service next-gen server
You can select favorite remote desktops and published applications on a Horizon Cloud Service next-gen server.
- Support for Windows Hello for Business With Certificate Authentication
Windows Hello for Business with certificate trust is now supported with the Log In as Current User feature.
- Default microphone on client computer reflected on remote desktop
When using multiple devices, the default microphone is reflected on the remote desktop.
- Support for enabling or disabling BlastCodec decoding on the Horizon Client for Windows User Interface
You can now enable or disable the use of BlastCodec decoding to receive remote screen content on the client interface.
- RTAV log files saved in separate files
RTAV agent and client logs are written to separate files within the logs directory for easier analysis.
- Selective Printer Redirection with VMware Integrated Printing
You can now select the printers to be used in remote desktop sessions.
For information about new remote desktop features, see the VMware Horizon 8 2206 Release Notes.