Media Optimization enables offloading of video, audio and screenshare media streams to improve the overall audio and video experience. It is enabled by default.
- Connect to a server.
- Open the Settings dialog box and select Calls and Sharing in the left pane.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon in the upper-right corner of the desktop and application selector window.
- Right-click a remote desktop or published application in the desktop and application selector window and select Settings.
- Leave the Media Optimization for WebRTC based applications setting enabled if you want to allow screen sharing.
- Configure the calls and sharing settings.
Option Action Media Optimization for WebRTC based applications Enables offloading of video, audio, and screenshare media streams of WebRTC applications on a virtual desktop during a call. This improves the overall audio video experience. Allow screen sharing for Microsoft Teams as a published application Allows screen sharing. If you do not select this option, screen sharing is not allowed while using Microsoft Teams as a published application and the user cannot share the screen. Do not show share screen consent dialog when connecting to Microsoft Teams as a published application Hides the screen sharing consent dialog box. If you do not select this option, a screen sharing consent dialog box appears when the user connects to Microsoft Teams as a published application.
- To save your changes, click Apply.
- To close the dialog box, click OK.