Media Optimization enables offloading of video, audio and screenshare media streams to improve the overall audio and video experience. It is enabled by default.
You can also share individual applications if the feature is enabled. For more infromation, see the Horizon Remote Desktop Features and GPOs document.
- Connect to a server.
- Open the Settings dialog box and select Calls and Sharing in the left pane.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon in the upper-right corner of the desktop and application selector window.
- Right-click a remote desktop or published application in the desktop and application selector window and select Settings.
- Leave the Media Optimization for WebRTC based applications setting enabled if you want to allow screen sharing.
- Configure the calls and sharing settings.
Option Action Media Optimization for WebRTC based applications Enables offloading of video, audio, and screenshare media streams of WebRTC applications on a virtual desktop during a call. This improves the overall audio video experience. Allow screen sharing for Microsoft Teams as a published application Allows screen sharing. If you do not select this option, screen sharing is not allowed while using Microsoft Teams as a published application and the user cannot share the screen. Do not show share screen consent dialog when connecting to Microsoft Teams as a published application Hides the screen sharing consent dialog box. If you do not select this option, a screen sharing consent dialog box appears when the user connects to Microsoft Teams as a published application.
- To save your changes, click Apply.
- To close the dialog box, click OK.