You can update Horizon Client online.
By default, a green icon appears on the Options menu to indicate that a new Horizon Client version is available.
During the update process, by default, you can select or deselect the Check for updates and show badge notification check box to specify whether Horizon Client checks for updates automatically and displays the new version notification.
For end users - Depending on how an administrator configures the online update feature, you might not be able to select the the Check for updates and show badge notification check box or skip an update. You might be able to specify that a pop-up message appears when a new version is available.
- Enable Horizon Client online update, which enables or disables the online update feature.
- URL for Horizon Client online update, which specifies an alternate URL from which Horizon Client can retrieve updates.
- Automatically check for update, which controls the Check for updates and show badge notification check box.
- Update message pop-up, which controls the Show pop-up message when there is an update check box. The Show pop-up message when there is an update check box takes effect only if the Check for updates and show badge notification check box is selected.
- Allow user to skip Horizon Client update, which controls the Skip button.
For complete information about these group policy settings, see Using Group Policy Settings to Configure Horizon Windows Client. You can also disable the online update feature by setting the AUTO_UPDATE_ENABLED property to 0 when you install Horizon Client from the command line. For more information, see Install Horizon Client From the Command Line.
- Save your work before you update Horizon Client. The update might initiate a system reboot.
- Verify that you can log in as an administrator on the client system.
- If you are an end user, verify that the administrator has enabled the online update feature.
- Log in to the client system as an administrator.
- Start Horizon Client, click Options in the menu bar and select Software Updates.
- To check for available updates, click Check for Updates.
Horizon Client indicates whether an update is available.
- To begin the update process if a new version is available, click Download and Install.
Alternatively, you can click Skip (if available), or click Remind Me Later to install the update another time. If you click Skip, you do not see another update notification until the next Horizon Client version is available. You can still click Software Updates to manually check for an update.
- To install the update after Horizon Client has downloaded it, click OK.
The Horizon Client interactive installation wizard opens.