If you have multiple microphones on your client system, only one of them is used on your View desktop. To specify which microphone is the default, you can use the Sound control on your client system.
About this task
With the Real-Time Audio-Video feature, audio input devices and audio output devices work without requiring the use of USB redirection, and the amount of network bandwidth required is greatly reduced. Analog audio input devices are also supported.
If you are using a USB microphone, do not connect it from the Connect USB Device menu in Horizon Client. To do so routes the device through USB redirection so that the device cannot use the Real-Time Audio-Video feature.
Verify that you have a USB microphone or another type of microphone installed and operational on your client system.
Verify that you are using the VMware Blast display protocol or the PCoIP display protocol for your remote desktop.
- If you are currently on a call, stop the call.
- Right-click the speaker icon in your system tray and select Recording devices.
You can alternatively open the Sound control from the Control Panel and click the Recording tab.
- In the Recording tab of the Sound dialog box, right-click the microphone you prefer to use.
- Select Set as Default Device and click OK.
- Start a new call from your View desktop.