Real-Time Audio-Video works with standard webcam, USB audio, and analog audio devices, and with standard conferencing applications like Skype, WebEx, and Google Hangouts. To support Real-Time Audio-Video, your View deployment must meet certain software and hardware requirements.
- View remote desktop
The desktops must have View Agent 5.3 or later, or Horizon Agent 7.0 or later, installed. For View Agent 5.3 desktops, the desktops must also have the corresponding Remote Experience Agent installed. For example, if View Agent 5.3 is installed, you must also install the Remote Experience Agent from View 5.3 Feature Pack 1. See the View Feature Pack Installation and Administration document for View. If you have View Agent 6.0 or later, or Horizon Agent 7.0 or later, no feature pack is required. Real-Time Audio-Video is not supported in RDS desktops and remote applications.
- Horizon Client computer or client access device
- Real-Time Audio-Video is supported on all operating systems that run Horizon Client for Windows. For details, see System Requirements for Windows Clients.
- The webcam and audio device drivers must be installed, and the webcam and audio device must be operable, on the client computer. To support Real-Time Audio-Video, you do not have to install the device drivers on the desktop operating system where the agent is installed.
- Display protocol for View
- VMware Blast (requires Horizon Agent 7.0 or later)
- Real-Time Audio-Video is not supported in RDP desktop sessions.