You can scan information into your remote desktops and applications with scanners that are connected to your local client system.
To use this feature, your remote desktops, applications, and client computers must meet certain system requirements
- View remote desktop
The remote desktops must have View Agent 6.0.2 or later, or Horizon Agent 7.0 or later, installed with the Scanner Redirection setup option, on the parent or template virtual machines or RDS hosts. On Windows desktop and Windows Server guest operating systems, the Horizon Agent Scanner Redirection setup option is deselected by default.
For information about which guest operating systems are supported on single-user virtual machines and on RDS hosts, and for information about configuring scanner redirection in remote desktops and applications, see "Configure Scanner Redirection," in Setting Up Desktop and Application Pools in View.
- Horizon Client computer or client access device
- Scanner redirection is supported on Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10.
- The scanner device drivers must be installed, and the scanner must be operable, on the client computer. You do not need to install the scanner device drivers on the remote desktop operating system where the agent is installed.
- Scanning device standard
- TWAIN or WIA
- Display protocol for View
- VMware Blast Extreme (requires Horizon Agent 7.0 or later)
Scanner redirection is not supported in RDP desktop sessions.