Using uniform resource identifiers (URIs), you can create a Web page or an email with links that end users click to start Horizon Client, connect to a server, and open a specific desktop or application with specific configuration options.
You can simplify the process of connecting to a remote desktop or application by creating Web or email links for end users. You create these links by constructing URIs that provide some or all the following information, so that your end users do not need to supply it:
- Connection Server address
- Port number for Connection Server
- Active Directory user name
- RADIUS or RSA SecurID user name, if different from the Active Directory user name
- Domain name
- Desktop or application display name
- Window size
- Actions including reset, log out, and start session
- Display protocol
- Options for redirecting USB devices
To construct a URI, you use the vmware-view URI scheme with Horizon Client specific path and query parts.