A Horizon administrator can use the Unauthenticated Access feature to create Unauthenticated Access users and entitle those users to remote applications on a Connection Server instance. Unauthenticated Access users can log in to the server anonymously to connect to their remote applications.
About this task
By default, users select the Log in anonymously using Unauthenticated Access setting from the Options menu and choose a user account to log in anonymously. A Horizon administrator can configure group policy settings to change Unauthenticated Access behavior so that the Log in anonymously using Unauthenticated Access setting is already selected and users are logged in automatically with a specific Unauthenticated Access user account.
Obtain the following information from your Horizon administrator:
Instructions about whether to turn on a VPN (virtual private network) connection.
Server name to use for connecting to the server.
Port number to use for connecting to the server if the port is not 443.
An Unauthenticated Access user account to use for logging in anonymously, if required.
Instructions about whether to select Log in anonymously using Unauthenticated Access in Horizon Client.
- If a VPN connection is required, turn on the VPN.
- Double-click the VMware Horizon Client desktop shortcut or click .
- If instructed to do so by your Horizon administrator, click the Options button in the menu bar and select Log in anonymously using Unauthenticated Access.
Depending on how your client system is configured, this setting might already be selected.
- (Optional) To set the certificate checking mode, click the Options button in the menu bar and select Configure SSL.
You can configure this option only if your administrator has allowed it.
- Connect to the server on which you have unauthenticated access to remote applications.
Connect to a new server
Double-click the + Add Server button or click the + New Server button in the menu bar, enter the name of the server, and click Connect.
Connect to an existing server
Double-click the server icon on the Horizon Client home screen.
Connections between Horizon Client and Connection Server always use SSL. The default port for SSL connections is 443. If Connection Server is not configured to use the default port, use the format shown in this example: view.company.com:1443.
You might see a message that you must confirm before the login dialog box appears.
- When the Login dialog box appears, select a user account from the User account drop-down menu, if required.
If only one user account is available, the drop-down menu is disabled and the user account is automatically selected.
- (Optional) If the Always use this account check box is available, select it to bypass the Login dialog box the next time you connect to the server.
You can deselect this option before you connect to the server the next time by right-clicking the server icon on the Horizon Client home screen and selecting Forget the saved Unauthenticated Access account.
- Click Login to log in to the server.
The application selection window appears.
- Double-click an application icon to start the application.