An administrator can use the Unauthenticated Access feature to create Unauthenticated Access users and entitle those users to remote applications on a Connection Server instance. Unauthenticated Access users can log in to the server anonymously to connect to their remote applications.
Before you begin
Obtain the following information from your administrator:
Instructions about whether to turn on a VPN (virtual private network) connection.
Server name to use for connecting to the server.
If the port is not 443, the port number to use for connecting to the server.
An Unauthenticated Access user account to use for logging in anonymously, if necessary.
Instructions about whether to select Log in anonymously using Unauthenticated Access in Horizon Client.
If your administrator has allowed it, you can configure the certificate checking mode for the SSL certificate presented by Connection Server. To determine which mode to use, see Setting the Certificate Checking Mode for Horizon Client.
About this task
By default, users select the Log in anonymously using Unauthenticated Access setting from the Options menu and select a user account to log in anonymously. An administrator can configure group policy settings to preselect the Log in anonymously using Unauthenticated Access setting and log in users with a specific Unauthenticated Access user account.
- If a VPN connection is required, turn on the VPN.
- Double-click the VMware Horizon Client desktop shortcut or click .
- If instructed to do so by your administrator, click the Options button in the menu bar and select Log in anonymously using Unauthenticated Access.
Depending on how your client system is configured, this setting might already be selected.
- (Optional) : To set the certificate checking mode, click the Options button in the menu bar and select Configure SSL.
You can configure this setting only if your administrator has allowed it.
- Connect to the server on which you have unauthenticated access to remote applications.
Connect to a new server
Double-click the + Add Server button or click the + New Server button in the menu bar, enter the name of the server, and click Connect.
Connect to an existing server
Double-click the server icon on the Horizon Client home window.
Connections between Horizon Client and Connection Server always use SSL. The default port for SSL connections is 443. If Connection Server is not configured to use the default port, use the format shown in this example: view.company.com:1443.
You might see a message that you must confirm before the Login dialog box appears.
- When the Login dialog box appears, select a user account from the User account drop-down menu, if necessary.
If only one user account is available, the drop-down menu is disabled and the user account is already selected.
- (Optional) : If the Always use this account check box is available, select it to bypass the Login dialog box the next time you connect to the server.
To deselect this setting before you connect to the server the next time, right-click the server icon on the Horizon Client home window and select Forget the saved Unauthenticated Access account.
- Click Login to log in to the server.
The application selection window appears.
- To start the application, double-click an application icon.