You can update Horizon Client online.
An administrator can disable the online update feature by modifying a group policy setting. In Horizon Client 4.6.1, you can also disable the online update feature by setting the AUTO_UPDATE_ENABLED property to 0 if you install Horizon Client from the command line. For more information, see the VMware Horizon Client for Windows Installation and Setup Guide document.
- Save your work before you update Horizon Client. The update might initiate a system reboot.
- Verify that you can log in as an administrator on the client system.
- Log in to the client system as an administrator.
- In Horizon Client, click Software Updates.
Option Action Before you connect to a server Click. After you connect to a server Click
- To check for available updates, click Check for Updates.
If Automatically check for updates is selected, Horizon Client automatically detects available updates. You can disable automatic update detection by deselecting the check box. The check box is enabled by default.
- If an update is available, click Download and Install to install it.