A Horizon administrator can use the Unauthenticated Access feature to create Unauthenticated Access users and entitle those users to remote applications. Unauthenticated Access users can log in to the server anonymously to connect to their remote applications.
About this task
An administrator might preselect the Log in anonymously using Unauthenticated Access setting and log you in with a specific Unauthenticated Access user account.
Obtain the following information from your system administrator:
Instructions about whether to turn on a VPN (virtual private network) connection.
Name of server on which you have unauthenticated access to remote applications.
If the port is not 443, the port number to use for connecting to the server.
An Unauthenticated Access user account to use for logging in anonymously, if necessary.
Instructions about whether to select Log in anonymously using Unauthenticated Access in Horizon Client.
If your system administrator instructs you to configure the certificate checking mode, see Setting the Certificate Checking Mode in Horizon Client.
- If a VPN connection is required, turn on the VPN.
- Double-click the VMware Horizon Client desktop shortcut or click .
- If instructed to do so by your system administrator, click the Options button in the menu bar and select Log in anonymously using Unauthenticated Access.
Depending on how your client system is configured, this setting might already be selected.
- Connect to the server on which you have unauthenticated access to remote applications.
Connect to a new server
Double-click the + Add Server button or click the + New Server button in the menu bar, enter the name of the server, and click Connect.
Connect to an existing server
Double-click the server icon on the Horizon Client home window.
Connections between Horizon Client and the server always use SSL. The default port for SSL connections is 443. If the server is not configured to use the default port, use the format shown in this example: view.company.com:1443.
You might see a message that you must confirm before the Login dialog box appears.
- When the Login dialog box appears, select a user account from the User account drop-down menu, if necessary.
If only one user account is available, the drop-down menu is disabled and the user account is already selected.
- (Optional) : If the Always use this account check box is available, select it to bypass the Login dialog box the next time you connect to the server.
To deselect this setting before you connect to the server the next time, right-click the server icon on the Horizon Client home window and select Forget the saved Unauthenticated Access account.
- Click Login to log in to the server.
The application selection window appears.
- To start an application, double-click the application icon.