You can reorganize or reduce the number of icons on the Horizon Client desktop and application selector screen.
After you authenticate and connect to a particular server, a window appears that includes icons for all the remote desktops and applications you are entitled to use. Try the following suggestions to quickly launch your most frequently used remote desktops and applications:
- Quickly type in the first few letters of the name. For example, if you have icons for Paint, PowerPoint, and Publisher, you can quickly type pa to select the Paint application.
If more than one item matches the letters you typed, you can press F4 to go to the next item that matches. When you get to the last item, you can press F4 to go back to the first item that matches.
- Mark an icon as a favorite by right-clicking the icon and selecting Mark as Favorite from the context menu. After you select favorites, click the Show Favorites View button (star icon) to remove all the icons that are not favorites.
- While in the Favorites view, select an icon and drag it to change the ordering of the icons. When you are not in the Favorites view, by default desktop icons are listed first, in alphabetical order, followed by application icons, also listed in alphabetical order. But you can drag and drop icons to reposition them while in the Favorites view.
The ordering of icons is saved on the server you are using, either when you disconnect from the server or when you launch an application or desktop. If you do not manually disconnect from the server or launch an item, your changes will not be saved.
- Create a shortcut so that you can access the remote desktop or application from your own local desktop and avoid the selector window altogether. Right click the icon and select Create Shortcut from the context menu.
- Right click the remote desktop or application icon and select Add to Start Menu from the context menu so that you can access the remote desktop or application from your own local Start menu and avoid the selector window altogether.
If you right-click the Horizon Client icon in the taskbar and do not see a jump list, right-click the taskbar, select Properties, and click the Start Menu tab. In the Privacy section, select the Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar check box, and click OK.