A Horizon administrator can create Unauthenticated Access users and entitle those users to published applications on a particular server. Unauthenticated Access users can log in to a server anonymously to connect to their published applications.
Obtain the following information from your system administrator:
Instructions about whether to turn on a VPN (virtual private network) connection.
Name of the server on which you have unauthenticated access to published applications.
If the port is not 443, the port number to use for connecting to the server.
An Unauthenticated Access user account to use for logging in anonymously, if necessary.
Instructions about whether to select Log in anonymously using Unauthenticated Access in Horizon Client. A Horizon administrator might preselect this setting and log you in with a specific Unauthenticated Access user account.
If your system administrator instructs you to configure the certificate checking mode, see Set the Certificate Checking Mode.
- If a VPN connection is required, turn on the VPN.
- Start Horizon Client.
- If instructed to do so by your system administrator, click the Options button in the menu bar and select Log in anonymously using Unauthenticated Access.
Depending on how the client system is configured, this setting might be preselected.
- Connect to the server on which you have unauthenticated access to published applications.
Connect to a new server
Double-click the + Add Server button or click the + New Server button in the menu bar, enter the name of the server as instructed by your system administrator, and click Connect.
Connect to an existing server
Double-click the server icon on the Horizon Client home window.
Connections between Horizon Client and the server always use TLS. The default port for TLS connections is 443. If the server is not configured to use the default port, use the format shown in this example: view.company.com:1443.
You might see a message that you must confirm before the Login dialog box appears.
- When the Login dialog box appears, select a user account from the User account drop-down menu, if necessary.
If only one user account is available, the drop-down menu is disabled and the user account is preselected.
- (Optional) If the Always use this account check box is available, select it to bypass the Login dialog box the next time you connect to the server.
To deselect this setting before you connect to the server the next time, right-click the server icon on the Horizon Client home window and select Forget the saved Unauthenticated Access account.
- Click Login to log in to the server.
The application selector window appears.
- To start a published application, double-click the published application icon.