Horizon Agent and Horizon Client, and the remote desktops and client systems on which you install the agent and client software, must meet certain requirements to support the Flash Redirection feature.
With Flash Redirection, if an end user uses Internet Explorer 9, 10, or 11, Flash content is sent to the client system, which reduces the load on the ESXi host. The client system plays the media content in a Flash container window by using the Flash Player ActiveX version.
- Remote desktop
- Horizon Agent 7.0 or later must be installed in a virtual desktop with the Flash Redirection custom setup option selected. The Flash Redirection custom setup option is not selected by default. See the topics about installing Horizon Agent in the Setting Up Virtual Desktops in Horizon 7 document.
- The appropriate group policy settings must be configured. See the topics about configuring Flash Redirection in the Configuring Remote Desktop Features in Horizon 7 document.
- Flash Redirection is supported on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 virtual desktops.
- Internet Explorer 9, 10, or 11 must be installed with the corresponding Flash ActiveX plug-in.
- After installation, the VMware View FlashMMR Server add-on must be enabled in Internet Explorer.
- Horizon Client computer or client access device
- Horizon Client must be installed with the Flash Redirection option enabled. The Flash Redirection option is enabled by default.
- Flash Redirection is supported on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
- The Flash ActiveX plug-in must be installed and enabled
- Display protocols for the remote session
- VMware Blast (requires Horizon Agent 7.0 or later)