The iOS device on which you install Horizon Client, and the peripherals it uses, must meet certain system requirements.
- Operating systems
- iOS 11.x
- iOS 12.x
- iOS 13.x
- iOS 14.x
- iPadOS 13.x
- iPadOS 14.x
- (Optional) External keyboards
- iPad Keyboard Dock and Apple Wireless Keyboard (Bluetooth).
- Smart card authentication
- See Smart Card Authentication Requirements.
- Touch ID authentication
- See Touch ID Authentication Requirements.
- Face ID authentication
- See Face ID Authentication Requirements.
- Connection Server and Horizon Agent
Latest maintenance release of Horizon 7 version 7.5 and later releases.
If client devices connect from outside the corporate firewall, use a Unified Access Gateway appliance so that client devices do not require a VPN connection. If your company has an internal wireless network to provide routable access to remote desktops that devices can use, you do not need to set up Unified Access Gateway or a VPN connection.
- Display protocols
- VMware Blast