To use Touch ID for user authentication in Horizon Client, you must meet certain requirements.
- iPad and iPhone models
- Any iPad or iPhone model that supports Touch ID, for example, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6.
- Operating system requirements
- iOS 8 or later.
- Add at least one fingerprint in the Touch ID & Passcode setting.
- Connection Server requirements
- Horizon 7 version 7.5 or later.
- Enable biometric authentication in Connection Server. For information, see "Configure Biometric Authentication" in the Horizon Administration document.
- The Connection Server instance must present a valid root-signed certificate to Horizon Client.
- Horizon Client requirements
- Set the certificate checking mode to Never connect to untrusted servers or Warn before connecting to untrusted servers. For information about setting the certificate checking mode, see Setting the Certificate Checking Mode in Horizon Client.
- Enable Touch ID by tapping the Touch ID (fingerprint) icon in the Password text box on the server login window. After you successfully log in, your Active Directory credentials are stored securely in the iOS device's Keychain.
You can use Touch ID with smart card authentication and as part of two-factor authentication with RSA SecurID and RADIUS authentication. If you use Touch ID with smart card authentication, Horizon Client connects to the server after you enter your PIN and the Touch ID login window does not appear.