The iOS device on which you install Horizon Client, and the peripherals it uses, must meet certain system requirements.
- VMware Horizon deployments
Horizon Client for iOS requires the latest maintenance release of one of the following deployment types:
- VMware Horizon 8 version 2006 or later
- VMware Horizon 7 version 7.13 or later
- VMware Horizon Cloud Service - next-gen
- Horizon Cloud in Microsoft Azure
- (Optional) External keyboards use and manual configuration
- iPad Keyboard Dock and Apple Wireless Keyboard (Bluetooth). Manual keyboard configuration features require Horizon Connection Server and Horizon Agent 8.4.0 or later.
- Smart card authentication
- See Smart Card Authentication Requirements.
- Touch ID authentication
- See Touch ID Authentication Requirements.
- Face ID authentication
- See Face ID Authentication Requirements.
- Connection Server and Horizon Agent
Latest maintenance release of Horizon 7 version 7.13 and later releases.
If client devices connect from outside the corporate firewall, use a Unified Access Gateway appliance so that client devices do not require a VPN connection. If your company has an internal wireless network to provide routable access to remote desktops that devices can use, you do not need to set up Unified Access Gateway or a VPN connection.
- Display protocols
- VMware Blast