You can configure AirWatch to deliver Horizon Client to mobile device users. You can optionally specify a default list of Connection Server instances. The Connection Server instances that you specify appear as shortcuts in Horizon Client.
About this task
Install and deploy AirWatch. See http://www.air-watch.com.
Become familiar with the AirWatch console. This procedure assumes you know how to use the AirWatch console. For more information, see the AirWatch documentation or online help.
- Log in to the AirWatch console as an administrator.
- Select Add User, and add user accounts for the users who will run Horizon Client on their mobile devices. , click
- Select Add, and create a user group for the user accounts that you created. , click
- Upload and add the Horizon Client application to AirWatch.
- Select Add Application on the Public tab. and click
- Search for and select VMware Horizon Client for Apple iOS in the App Store.
- On the Info tab, type an application name and specify the supported mobile device models.
- On the Assignment tab, assign the Horizon Client application to the user group that you created.
- (Optional) To configure a default Connection Server instance, on the Deployment tab, select the Send Application Configuration check box, type servers in the Configuration Key text box, select String from the Value Type drop-down menu, and type an IP address or host name in the Configuration Value text box.
servers is case sensitive. To specify a list of Connection Server instances, type multiple IP addresses or host names, separated by commas, in the Configuration Value text box.
For example: 123.456.1.1, viewserver4.mydomain.com, 123.456.1.2Note:
This feature is supported only for iOS 7 and later devices. You cannot push a default Connection Server list to an iOS 6 device.
- Publish the Horizon Client application.
- Install and set up the AirWatch MDM Agent on each iOS device.
You can download the AirWatch MDM Agent from iTunes.
- Use the AirWatch console to install the Horizon Client application on the mobile devices.
You cannot install the Horizon Client application before the effective date on the Deployment tab.
AirWatch delivers Horizon Client to the mobile devices in the user group that you associated with the Horizon Client application.
When a user launches Horizon Client, Horizon Client communicates with the AirWatch MDM Agent on the device. If you configured a default list of Connection Server instances, AirWatch pushes the server information to the AirWatch MDM Agent on the device and shortcuts for those servers appear in Horizon Client.
What to do next
You can use the AirWatch console to edit the Horizon Client application and push those changes to mobile devices. For example, you can add a default Connection Server instance to the server list for the Horizon Client application.