You can install Horizon Client on all models of iPad and iPhone.
- iPad and iPhone models
- iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, and SE
- iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro
- Horizon Client includes 64-bit processor support for iPhone 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, and SE, and iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, and iPad Pro.
- Operating systems
- iOS 8.4.1 and later, including iOS 9.x and iOS 10
- External keyboards
- (Optional) iPad Keyboard Dock and Apple Wireless Keyboard (Bluetooth)
- Smart card authentication
- See Smart Card Authentication Requirements.
- Touch ID authentication
- See Touch ID Authentication Requirements.
- Connection Server, Security Server, and View Agent or Horizon Agent
Latest maintenance release of
View 5.3.x and later releases.
VMware recommends that you use a security server so that your iOS clients will not require a VPN connection.
To use the Unity Touch feature with View 5.3.x desktops, the Remote Experience Agent must be installed on the desktops.
Remote applications are available on Horizon 6.0 with View and later servers.
- Display protocol for View
- VMware Blast (requires Horizon Agent 7.0 or later)