The iOS device on which you install Horizon Client, and the peripherals it uses, must meet certain system requirements.
- Operating systems
- iOS 8.4.1 and later, including iOS 9.x and iOS 10.x.
- (Optional) External keyboards
- iPad Keyboard Dock and Apple Wireless Keyboard (Bluetooth).
- Smart card authentication
- See Smart Card Authentication Requirements.
- Touch ID authentication
- See Touch ID Authentication Requirements.
- Connection Server, security server, and View Agent or Horizon Agent
Latest maintenance release of Horizon 6 version 6.x and later releases.
VMware recommends that you use a security server or Unified Access Gateway appliance so that client devices do not require a VPN connection. If your company has an internal wireless network to provide routable access to remote desktops that devices can use, you do not have to set up a security server, Unified Access Gateway, or VPN connection.
- Display protocols
- VMware Blast (requires Horizon Agent 7.0 or later)