You can create a virtual smart card to use when you log in to a server and connect to a remote desktop. With a virtual smart card, you do not need to connect a traditional smart card reader to the iOS device.
One virtual smart card can hold only one certificate. If you have different certificates for multiple Horizon environments, you can create multiple virtual smart cards, one for each Horizon environment.
Use the Purebred app to create a derived credential and provision the credential on the iOS device.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the Horizon Client window.
- Tap Derived Credentials and then tap Create new virtual smartcard.
- Enter and confirm a PIN for the virtual smart card.
- Tap Continue and import the derived credential from the Purebred key chain.
- Tap PIV Authentication Certificate.
- Select the Purebred Key Chain location.
- Select the derived credential to import.
- Tap Done to create the virtual smart card.
The derived credential appears in Settings window.
- Toggle the Use Derived Credentials setting to on.
- If you need to create another virtual smart card for a different Horizon environment, tap Create new virtual smartcard and repeat these steps.
What to do next
Use the virtual smart card when you log in to the server and connect to a remote desktop. The process is the same as when you use a physical smart card. See Connect to a Remote Desktop or Application.
If you enter the wrong PIN more than five times when using a virtual smart card to authenticate, the virtual smart card is removed and you must create a new virtual smart card.