Cloning an image version creates an incremented version of the image which you can then publish as a regular version. When you have published these cloned images successfully to your chosen targets, then you can use those published clones to create pool groups.
Before performing any of the following steps, also review key information at Requirements and Considerations Specific to Using Horizon Image Management Service with Deployments of Horizon Edge in Microsoft Azure.
- The image is imported and published.
- The selected version is available or partially available.
- At least one virtual network and tenant (desktop) subnet is selected for the provider.
- On the Horizon Universal Console Home page, click Images.
- On the Images page, click on an image link to list the image versions.
- Select an image and click .
- In the General Information section, select one of the following options and click Next.
- Select Major to upgrade the image, for example, for a different software. This increments the major part of the version number.
- Select Minor to upgrade the image incrementally, for example, for patching or existing software upgrades. This increments the minor part of the version number.
Note: You can have up to nine versions of a major or minor upgrade image.
- In the Network panel, select the network to use for the new VM of the copied image version, and click Save.