The VMware Horizon Cloud Service - next-gen Deployment and Onboarding pages describe how to get started with using the service, the day-0 tasks.
VMware sends a Welcome email to the administrator account to confirm evaluation or purchase of the license. The email confirms registration and contains an invitation link to redeem access to VMware Horizon Cloud.
VMware Horizon® Cloud Service™ is part of the overall Anywhere Workspace solution.
The Horizon Cloud license service in VMware Horizon® Cloud Service™ - next-gen ensures that IT administrators can access and leverage features per license type purchased.
See the VMware Horizon Subscription Comparison Matrix for a Horizon subscription licensing feature comparison, which broadly classifies licenses as Term and SaaS. Not all features listed currently apply to VMware Horizon® Cloud Service™ - next-gen.
After you complete the onboarding process, you can track your Horizon licenses from the Horizon Universal Console. See Use the Horizon Universal Console to Track Your Horizon Licenses.
Log in to the VMware Cloud Services Console
- Create a new VMware Cloud services account.
The instructions start with your Welcome email. You click the link in the email, create a VMware Cloud services account, and use your VMware ID to sign in to VMware Cloud services.Note: Use your existing Cloud Services Organization if you have one; there is a known issue with associating services in one organization to another.
The VMware Cloud Services Console opens to the Organization Setup page.
- Enter an organization name of your choosing and click Create Organization and Complete Sign-Up.
VMware Cloud services Console page appears showing all the services you have
- Click your name in the top right corner and click View Organization.
You return to the VMware Cloud Services Console where you can now assign the required roles.
Use the VMware Cloud Services Console to Assign Roles
Specific roles are required to access the UI and APIs for the Horizon Universal Console. Use the instructions that follow to assign these roles.
- In the left pane, expand the Identity and Access Management node.
- Select Active Users, select the row containing your name, and click Edit Roles.
- In the Assign Service Roles section, use the roles drop-down menu to select the Administrator role from within VMware Horizon® Cloud Service™ - next-gen.
- Click Select, then Save.
Use the VMware Cloud Services Console to Launch Workspace ONE
- In the left pane, click Services.
- Click Launch Service for Workspace ONE.
- Click Manage on the Horizon Cloud Service tile to navigate to Horizon Cloud Services
Use the Horizon Universal Console to Select Your Horizon Cloud Region
After you launch the Horizon Cloud Service, you are prompted to select your region. To comply with the data sovereignty principles, you must select the region for your resources and their metadata to reside. The region once selected cannot be changed.
- Select your Horizon Cloud Region.
- Select the checkbox to agree to the terms of service.
- Click Save & Continue to navigate to the Get started with Horizon Universal Console page.
Use the Horizon Universal Console to Select Your Control Plane from Next-Gen Horizon Control Plane and Horizon Control Plane
After you select Your Horizon Cloud Region you can select Your Control Plane from Next-Gen Horizon Control Plane and Horizon Control Plane.
- To navigate to Horizon Cloud Services- next-gen click Select on the Next-Gen Horizon Control Plane tile.
- Click Continue, on the Next- Gen Horizon Cloud Control Plane tile to launch your service.
If you have any questions, contact the VMware team.
Using Perpetual Keys to Access VMware Foundational Products
If you have licenses for VMware foundational products, such as vSphere, vSAN, and vCenter, you can obtain the perpetual keys for those products. The method for obtaining the perpetual keys varies depending on which of the following situations apply.
- You Have Access to the Horizon Control Plane and the Next-Gen Horizon Control Plane
If you are an existing
Horizon Cloud user and have access to the Horizon Control Plane, use the
Horizon Universal Console to view and generate the perpetual keys. Some restrictions apply.
Log in to the Horizon Control Plane and click View perpetual keys. The Perpetual Keys page opens, where you can generate and copy keys for the VMware foundational products associated with that tenant.
- You Have Access Solely to Next-Gen Horizon Control Plane
- If you have access solely to Next-Gen Horizon Control Plane, contact VMware support to request that they send you the perpetual keys. See VMware KB 2006985.