The VMware Horizon Cloud Service - next-gen Deployment and Onboarding pages describe how to get started with the service and various day-0 tasks.
VMware sends a Welcome email to the administrator account to confirm evaluation or purchase of the license. The email confirms registration and includes a Get Started link to redeem access to VMware Horizon Cloud.
VMware Horizon Cloud Service - next-gen is part of the overall Anywhere Workspace solution.
The Horizon Cloud license service in VMware Horizon Cloud Service - next-gen ensures that IT administrators can access and leverage features per license type purchased.
See the VMware Horizon Subscription Comparison Matrix for a Horizon subscription licensing feature comparison, which broadly classifies licenses as Term and SaaS. Not all features listed currently apply to VMware Horizon Cloud Service - next-gen.
After you complete the onboarding process, you can track your Horizon licenses from the Horizon Universal Console. See Use the Horizon Universal Console to Track Your Horizon Licenses.
Log in to the VMware Cloud Services Console
- Create a new VMware Cloud Services Console account or use an existing one.
To create a new account, click the link in the Welcome email, create a VMware Cloud services account, and use your VMware ID to sign in to VMware Cloud services.Note:
- Select the same CSP org if you are also using it for another VMware product provided on Cloud services, for example VMware Aria Automation, and you want to have the same administrator manage Horizon cloud.
- Create a new CSP org if you have an existing CSP org and you do not want the same administrator to manage the subscription with Horizon cloud. However, if you do so you will not be able to combine the CSP orgs in future.
- Create a new org if you have an existing CSP org where you are already managing Horizon cloud, and you are now adding subscription for a new geographic region.
The VMware Cloud Services Console opens to the Organization Setup page.
- Enter an organization name of your choosing and click Create Organization and Complete Sign-Up.
The VMware Cloud Services Console page appears showing all the services to which you have access.
- Click your name in the top right corner and click View Organization.
You return to the VMware Cloud Services Console where you can now assign the required roles.
About Adding More Users and Assigning Roles
When you use the link in the Welcome email to redeem the invitation, you are automatically assigned the Administrator role. The Administrator role gives you full permissions to the UI and APIs for the Horizon Universal Console, which you need to onboard. You can provide other administrative users with access rights to the Horizon Universal Console. For details, see Assigning Administrative Roles to Horizon Universal Console Users
Use the VMware Cloud Services Console to Launch Workspace ONE
- In the left pane, click Services.
- Click Launch Service for Workspace ONE.
- Click Manage on the Horizon Cloud Service tile to launch the Horizon Universal Console.
Use the Horizon Universal Console to Select Your Horizon Cloud Region
After you launch the console, you are prompted to select your region. To comply with the data sovereignty principles, you must select the region for your resources and their metadata to reside. The region once selected cannot be changed.
- Select your Horizon Cloud Region.
- Select the checkbox to agree to the terms of service.
- Click Save & Continue.
Welcome to the Horizon Universal Console for Horizon Cloud Service - next-gen
When the console displays the welcome screen, follow the on-screen guidance and make the on-screen selection for your tenant's first deployment.
For documentation that supports the on-screen guidance, depending on your deployment type, see the following.