The next-generation cloud architecture for Horizon Cloud is VMware Horizon® Cloud Service™ - next-gen. This next generation of Horizon Cloud provides a pod-less deployment architecture.
Horizon Cloud delivers a cloud-first, multi-cloud Desktop as a Service (DaaS) with Thin Edge Infrastructure. Horizon Cloud provides a global view of your desktops and applications that spans across the on-premises and the cloud environments. Regardless from which environment you collect the source data, Horizon Cloud provides a consistent way to manage and to monitor your desktop and your application deployments.
The information in this document is intended for experienced data center administrators with knowledge in the following areas.
- VMware Horizon and VMware Horizon Connection Server
- VMware Horizon Cloud Connector
- VMware Unified Access Gateway™
- VMware Workspace ONE® Access™
- Virtualization technology
- VMware Cloud™ on AWS and Amazon Web Services EC2 (AWS EC2)
- Microsoft Azure and its Marketplace
- Azure VMware Solution (AVS)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Google Cloud VMware Engine (GCVE)
Horizon Cloud Community
Use the following communities to ask questions, explore answers given for questions asked by other users, and access links to useful information.
- VMware Horizon Cloud Service community at https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/horizon-cloud-service
- VMware Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure sub-community at https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/horizon-cloud-service/horizon-cloud-on-azure, a sub-community of the VMware Horizon Cloud Service community.
Contacting VMware Support
Contact VMware Support when you need help with your Horizon Cloud environment.
- You can submit a support request to VMware Support online using your VMware Customer Connect account or by phone.
- KB 2144012 Customer Support Guidelines provides details for getting support depending on the issue encountered.
- In the console, clicking , displays the link to that KB 2144012 also.
VMware Technical Publications Glossary
VMware Technical Publications provides a glossary of terms that might be unfamiliar to you. For definitions of terms as they are used in VMware technical documentation, visit http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs.