- The Horizon Edge Gateway is in a Ready state.
- At least one vSphere secondary provider instance is added to Horizon 8 edge along with configuring the credentials.Such vSphere instance should be accessible by the resident connection servers on the Horizon 8 edge.
- Ensure the edge components (such as engines, twins and modules) are all configured and running with appropriate secrets and credentials mounted to access the vsphere instance that is added as a secondary provider instance. (Please contact VMware to install/update the Horizon 8 edge).
softwareupdate.vmware.comis resolvable and reachable from the management and tenant (desktop) subnets using the
443port over TCP protocol for downloading agent-related software used in the system image-creation. For more information, see Requirements Checklist for Deploying a Horizon 8 Edge.
- Currently supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10, Windows-11 and Windows Server-2022
- Horizon 8 edge that corresponds to 2306 release of connection server and onwards
- On the Home page click Images on the Images tile to navigate to the Images page.
- On the Images page, click Add to navigate to the Add Image page.
- In the General Information section, add a unique Image Name and click Next.
Please note the resulting image copies residing on the vSphere Provider will have the actual VM names in the form of
<image-name>-<version>-<provider-instance-id>, where the image name is given by the user (for example,W10FIN) while the version is 1.0.0, and the provider id is alpha numeric. (for example, W10FIN-1-0-0-64dca4f6b4ec280a750c04df). This helps in identifying particular image copy with that provider instance
- You can add a description of the image.
- In the Markers field, you need to ensure at-least one marker is present. This makes sure that after the image is published it is available for desktop/server pool creation.
- In the Image Source section, select a source option tile Horizon 8.
- Select the Horizon edge and corresponding vCenter.
- Select VM Type either of Template or Snapshot.
- Select the VM of your choice.
- Add the credentials for this VM. This should exactly match with the existing credentials used to login to the template/snapshot VM selected. Note that any mismatch in entered credentials with actuals results in failure in operations such as publish.