To deliver an App Volumes application package to an end user, you must entitle an application to a user or group of users.
- An application can be entitled to a single or multiple users or user groups.
- An entitlement can be created based on a specific package version or a
CURRENTmarker which is not yet set on any package. If you choose the
CURRENTmarker, the application is entitled to the user or user group. Later when a package for this application is created and marked
CURRENT, the user or user group receives this package.
- For a marker-based entitlement, the user or user group always receives the package with the
CURRENTversion. If the administrator sets the
CURRENTmarker to another package, the user or user group, in the subsequent login, receives the new package which has the
- An application can be entitled to a user or user group even if the application has no package.
For the application package to get delivered to the user or user group, the package status must be
A package is in the
Ready status after capturing an application. For more information, see VMware Horizon® Cloud Service™ - next-gen - Capture an App Volumes Application Package.
Before creating an App Volumes entitlement, you must first create a floating VDI desktop assignment. Due to the processing needs of Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems, this assignment must have a VMware-recommended desktop model that provides at least 2 vCPU and 4 GB RAM.
- In the Horizon Universal Console, navigate to .
- Select the application to which you want to entitle a user or a user group.
- Click .
- On the Entitle App Volumes page, perform the following steps:
- Select the desired package.
- Select the User types.
- Depending on the user type selected in the previous step, add the users or user groups.
- Click Save.
All entitlements for an application are displayed in the Entitlements tab.
- Navigate to .
- Click an application.
- In the application details page, click the Entitlements tab.
All entitlements associated with the application are displayed on the page.Note: In Horizon Cloud Service first-gen, each assignment can have multiple applications which can be assigned to multiple users or user groups. Hence, the Assignment page displays all the applications and their corresponding users or user groups.
However in the VMware Horizon® Cloud Service™ - next-gen, the application entitlements page displays only the user or user groups associated with the application packages for that specific application only.
If a package with
CURRENTmarker is chosen for a specific user or user group, then the Marker column on this page displays
CURRENTfor that user or user group entitlement.