After you create a desktop assignment, you can create an applications assignment.
- On the Getting Started page, select .
- Click New.
The New Application dialog displays.
- On the Definition tab, enter the following information.
Fixed Attributes (cannot be changed after assignment is created)
Select domain from the drop-down list.
Leave default setting (Yes).
Flexible Attributes (can be changed any time)
Unique name for the new assignment.
Select a default protocol from the drop-down menu.
Enter the number of servers.
Users per Server
Enter the number of users per server.
- Click Advanced Properties.
Advanced properties fields display.
- Enter information as described below.
Name for all virtual machine names, or guest desktops in this assignment, which will have a number appended to it, for example, win7-1, win7-2, win7-Floating. The name must start with a letter and can contain only letters, dashes, and numbers. This value is prefilled based on the assignment name.
Active Directory (AD) Organizational Unit where VMs are located. For example, OU=NestedOrgName,OU=RootOrgName,DC=DomainComponent,DC=eng, and so on. The entries must be comma-separated with no spaces in between. For more information about Active Directory, see Working with Nested Organizational Units.
Run Once Script
(Optional) Location of scripts that should run after system preparation completes.
Session Timeout Interval
The timeout value for floating and static desktop session pools. The default is seven days (10,080 minutes). The maximum value is 99,999 minutes, approximately 69 days.Note:
If no user activity occurs before the timeout interval is reached, a message indicates that the user will be logged off if they do not click OK in the next 30 seconds. If the logoff occurs, any unsaved documents are lost.
If you are assigning a timeout value for dedicated desktops, you can specify the maximum value. If you have a large timeout interval set for floating desktops, the desktops do not reset as quickly if they are not in use. This configuration might result in the pool of available desktops running out, and users seeing failure messages.
- Click Next.
- In New Applications dialog, select the applications to include in the assignment, and click Next.
If you select an application that is part of an application group, all of the applications in the group are selected and are included in the assignment.
- In the Active Directory Search text box, start typing the name of a user or group from your Active Directory.
- (Optional) Search for and select additional users or groups, and click Next.
- Select a user or group from the list.
- On the Summary page, confirm that the information is correct, and click Submit.
- Select Assign to see your new assignment.
- On the Assignments page, click the new assignment to view details.