The following are technical notes regarding various system features.
- Custom Branding
If you have a custom branding scheme for the Desktop Portal, you will need to check whether everything appears as expected after upgrading a tenant. There are a few areas to which you should pay particular attention due to VMware branding changes.
- Login page:
CSS selector: #productNameInner
You may need to adjust the margin-left property and/or decrease the font-size, for example :
- Other pages:
You will likely need to make the same changes as for the login page. Additionally, you may need to adjust the background-position of the #banner selector:
background-position: 0px 0px;
- Login page:
- Enabling Post-Sysprep Commands
To enable post-sysprep commands, perform these steps on a desktop before converting it to an image.
1. Create a folder named sysprep under C:\ driver.
2. Create a batch file named postprep-extra.bat in the sysprep folder.
3. Add required commands in batch file and save it.
4. Convert the desktop to an image. File path: c:\sysprep\postprep-extra.bat . Sysprep launches this batch file during specialize pass execution (before agent comes and joins the domain).
To set the post sysprep batch file in the template before converting to a gold pattern (executed before domain join), perform the following steps.
1. Create a batch: c:\sysprep\postprep-extra.bat
2. Create the C:\Sysprep\.... folder structure (for Windows 7): C:\Sysprep\ postprep-extra.bat
3. Save it with your commands. Sysprep executes this batch file in post execution.