Use the AppCapture utility to package applications to copy to a file share.
- Prepare a clean Windows machine with User Access Control (UAC) disabled. To turn off UAC, see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-user-account-control-on-off#ITC=windows-7.
- Ensure that you do not have the App Volumes agent installed on the virtual machine where you plan to install AppCapture. If you have the App Volumes agent installed on the machine, take a snapshot of the machine, clone it, and uninstall the agent.
- Log in as administrator to the machine where you want to install AppCapture.
- Download the AppCapture installer, VMware-appvolumes-appcapture-<buildnumber>.exe from the VMware downloads page.
- Double-click the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install AppCapture.
- (Required) Wait for the machine to reboot and verify that AppCapture.exe is installed under C:\Program Files(x86)\VMware\AppCapture .
What to do next
- The UEM Application profiler is also installed with the AppCapture utility. You can personalize AppStacks using the UEM Application profiler.
- When you install AppCapture, the AppCapture GUI is also installed on your system. Use the AppCapture Client to create and manage App Bundles. See Using the AppCapture Client.