Administrators can now connect to desktops using their domain accounts, instead of being required to have local admin access.
To allow this, a new DaaS Direct Connect Users group will be created during the DaaS Agent installation. This group does not have local administration rights, but is allowed to connect to the desktop through the Helpdesk Console or using a direct RDP connection.
- Update the image.
- using a GPO policy on the tenant appliance.
Note: This procedure is separate from the template VM configuration process and can be performed at any time.
- Join the image VM to the domain and then restart it.
- Add domain user(s) to the DaaS Direct Connect Users group.
- Publish the image and provision desktops. All desktops created using the image will now have the group member details.
- Create a new GPO.
- Right-click on the GPO and select Edit.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor, navigate to Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Restricted Groups.
- Right-click Restricted Groups and select Add Group.
- In the Add Group dialog, enter DaaS Direct Connect Users and click OK.
- In the properties dialog, enter members in the 'Members of this group' text box, click Add, and then click OK.
- Close the Group Policy Management Editor and the Group Policy Management Console.
- Link the newly created GPO to the domain.