You create session desktop assignments using the Assignments page.
For general information about desktop assignments, see Types of Assignments.
Verify you have the following items:
- The Farms page lists at least one farm of remote desktops type. Only farms configured to deliver remote desktops can be used for a session desktop assignment.
- The farm you want to use is in the node from which you want to deliver the session desktops.
- The farm is not already used in an assignment. A farm configured to deliver remote desktops cannot be used in more than one session desktop assignment. To verify whether the farm you want to use is already used in a session desktop assignment, look in the Assignment page's Farms column and see if the farm is listed. If it is listed, then it is already being used in a session desktop assignment and you will have to create a new farm.
- Start the New Assignment workflow by clicking Assign and clicking New.
- In the New Assignment start screen, click the Desktops icon.
The New Desktop Assignment window opens to the first wizard step.
- On the wizard's Definition step, click Session.
- Complete the selections on the Definition step and then click Next.
Option Description Pod This option only displays if your data center is configured with multiple pods. Pods contain specific assignable images and server model capacities for assignments. You can only create assignments from images in the same pod. Farm Select the farm that has the configured RDS-enabled image that you want to assign to the end users.
Only farms that are in the selected node and which not already involved in existing session desktop assignments are available for selection.
Assignment Name Type a friendly name for this assignment. The end users see this name when they go to access their assigned desktop. For example, when an end user launches Horizon Client to go to an assigned desktop, this name is the one displayed in Horizon Client.
The name must contain only letters, hyphens, and numbers. Spaces are not allowed. The name cannot start with a non-alphabetic character.
- On the Users step, search for users and groups in your registered Active Directory domains, select the ones you want to give this session desktop assignment, and then click Next.
- On the Summary step, review the configuration and then click Submit.
The system begins the process of configuring the farm's server instances to provide session desktops to the selected users. On the Assignments page, the Status column reflects the current progress.