VMware App Volumes™ is an integrated and unified application delivery and end-user management system for Horizon® and virtual environments. You can use the AppCapture component of App Volumes to create AppStacks for provisioning applications to users.
Note the following:
- App Volumes integration must be enabled for you by your VMware representative before you can use this feature.
- App Volumes is not supported for Dedicated Desktops - Traditional Clone assignments. App Volumes can be used with Instant Clone assignments only.
There are three steps in this process:
- Create an AppStack using AppCapture.
- Copy the AppStack into an application file share.
- Import the AppStack into Horizon Cloud.
The first two steps above are performed on a separate computer--that is, outside of the user interface.