Use the Update Agent Software feature to update the Horizon Agent Installer for Dedicated Desktop - Traditional Clone assignments.
The agent update feature functions as described below.
- The system makes regular contact with the VMware CDS software distribution network to see if a new version of the Horizon Agents Installer is available. It downloads the new version to a file share that you have set up on a local machine. The update file is then automatically imported into the system and made available to assignments.
- The availability of an update is indicated on the Assignments page, where you can apply it to assignments. When you initiate the upgrade task on an assignment, all VMs in the assignment are be updated as part of that task.
- Upon request, your VMware representative can adjust the interval between scans for new Horizon Agents Installer versions and the wait time for scans after tenant startup.
- You must have created an Agents file share and added it to Horizon Cloud. This means that you select Agents for the file share type when you create the file share. Agents file shares are used only for importing Horizon Agents Installer files. See Managing File Shares.
- The assignment must already have DaaS Agent 17.2.0-6819771 or higher and Horizon Agent 7.3.2-7161471 or higher installed.
- Click Assign.
The Assignments page displays, with a blue dot appearing next to the name of any assignment that has an Horizon Agents Installer update available. If you hover over a blue dot, a popup displays indicating the new version of the Horizon Agent Installer available for that assignment.
- Select the check boxes for one or more assignments. By selecting multiple assignments, you can update all of them to a common Horizon Agents Installer versions.
- Click Update Agent Software.
The Agent Update dialog displays.
- On the Software tab, select the Horizon Agents Installer version to update and click Next.
- (Optional) On the Command Line tab, add any command line options. For details regarding command line options, see the documentation for the relevant agent.
Note: There are currently no command line options available for the DaaS Agent.
- Click Finish.
A message displays at the top of the page indicating that the update has started.Note the following:
- Desktops are updated in batches, which cannot be larger than 30. If the assignment has 30 or fewer desktops, all desktops in the assignment will be updated together. Your VMware representative can adjust the batch size if you request it.
- If a desktop has an active session, the user will be warned five minutes before the update occurs.
- If a user attempts to login into a desktop that is being updated, the login will be unsuccessful and the user will receive a message that the desktop is not available.
You can view the progress of the update task by selecting Monitor > Activity. The task description indicates the update being performed and the assignment on which it is being performed. If the task is not successful within 24 hours, it fails.