The file redirection feature allows users to open local files in entitled remote applications that support a given file type.
The feature is enabled in the Horizon Client when the Open local files in hosted applications option is selected.
This functionality allows users to do the following:
- Open a local file in a remote application by double-clicking the file in the client machine or by right-clicking, selecting Open with, and choosing the remote application in the menu.
- In the remote application, browse the complete folder where the file resides.
- Save changes made using the remote application to the local client disk.
- Register an entitled application as a file handler for the file types that those applications can open, or chose to open with the remote application a single time.
When an application is set as the default handler:
- The file's preview icon matches the entitled application's icon in the application launcher page.
- The file type description is overridden by the remote application, if any.
- Double-clicking a file of that type launches the Horizon Client.