You can manage desktops in dedicated and floating desktop assignments.
- Click the Assign icon.
The Assignments page displays.
- Click the name of an assignment on the list.
The assignments details page displays.
- Click Desktops at the top of the page.
The Desktops tab displays, showing a list of desktops for the assignment. You can filter, refresh, and export the list using the controls to the top right of the page.You can perform the following actions by clicking one of the buttons at the top of the page.Note: Desktop status must be green to perform these actions.
Option Description Shutdown Shuts down the desktop(s).
- You can select more than one desktop at a time.
- You can only shut down VMs that do not have active user sessions.
Restart Performs a 'graceful' restart of the VM(s). You can select more than one desktop at a time.
If this does not work, it may be necessary to use the Reset option (see below).
Assign [Dedicated desktop only] Assigns dedicated desktop to a particular user. Click the button and then search for the user in the Active Directory.You can perform the following actions by clicking the ". . ." button and making a selection from the drop-down menu. Option Description Migrate VM(s) [Dedicated desktop only] Migrates VM(s) to another dedicated desktop assignment within the same desktop manager.
- Selected VM(s) must meet the following requirements:
- Have all users logged off.
- Be domain joined.
- Have the same domain, OU, graphics settings, CPU, and Memory as the target assignment.
- To rename the VM, select the Rename VM option in the dialog and enter the new name.
- View migration progress and status in Monitor > Activity.
Rename [Dedicated desktop only] Renames the selected desktop. Unassign [Dedicated desktop only] Unassigns the selected desktop from user. Delete [Dedicated desktop only] Deletes the selected desktop. Suspend Suspends the selected desktop(s). You can select more than one desktop at a time. Resume Resumes operation of the selected desktop(s). You can select more than one desktop at a time. Power On [Traditional clone only] Powers on the selected desktop(s). You can select more than one desktop at a time. Power Off [Traditional clone only] Powers off the selected desktop(s). You can select more than one desktop at a time. Reset Agent Pairing Repairs the agent pairing state when pairing failure has occurred.
- You can select multiple VMs. The action will only be applied to those selected VMs that are currently powered on.
- You can view progress on the Monitor > Activity page or on the System Activity tab of the assignment's detail page.
Launch Console Launches a console for the selected desktop. This option is disabled if the VM is powered off or if more than one VM is selected. Reset Performs a hard reset of the VM(s). You can select more than one server at a time.
In the case of a hung VM, it is recommended that you first try using the Restart option (see above).
Log Off Logs the currently connected user off the selected desktop. Disconnect Disconnects the currently connected user from the selected desktop. Rebuild [Floating desktop traditional clone only] Deletes and recreates the selected desktop. Use this option for desktop VMs that have become corrupted or otherwise non-operational. Convert to Image Converts the selected desktop to an image.Note: You cannot convert a VM to an image if it is currently being used as an appliance.