The Health Scan tool allows you to monitor application of VM changes that may compromise the port access, performance, or overall access by end users to the desktop.
- Install the Horizon DaaS Health Agent on all VMs that will be monitored. Click the Install Horizon DaaS Health Agent link at the top right of the VM Health Scan tab for more information.
Note: By default, the Health Agent listens on TCP port 10762.
- Filter the list as desired using the Scan Filter field and/or Select Pool drop-down list.
- Initiate the scan by doing one of the following:
- Click One Time Scan to perform a single scan immediately.
- Enter a number of minutes and click Schedule Scan to schedule recurring scans at a selected time interval.
Information for the scanned VMs appears in columns as described below.
Column Description VM Name of the virtual machine. Pool Pool (assignment) to which the VM belongs. IP IP address of the VM. Result Overall result of the scan. Result can be:
- Power off – VM is powered off.
- Agent failure – Health Agent is not installed or reachable on the VM
- VM issue(s) - Indicated by an "X" icon with number next to it. VM has one/more issues, which are detailed in other columns.
Ports Verifies that necessary ports are open. Firewall Indicates whether the VM's firewall is enabled. Sleep Policy Indicates whether there is a policy set on the VM to put it in a sleep state. Services
Verifies that the following services are running:
- Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager
- VMware HTML Access (Blast)
- VMware Horizon Agent
- VMware DaaS Agent
- VMware Tools
RDP Enabled Verifies that RDP is enabled and set to allow connections from computers running any version of RDP. BAD IP Verifies that the desktop does not have a 169.x.x.x IP address, and so is more likely to get DHCP. DHCP Verifies that the desktop is set for DHCP, not STATIC. Domain Trust Relationship Confirms domain trust relationship between desktop and Domain Controller. Remote Assistance Verifies Remote Assistance is enabled on the desktop.
- When the scan is complete, you can perform the following actions:
- Mouse over the errors in the scan results table to see additional information.
- Click the Report button on the top left of the list (button is labelled Report: <day date time>) to view history of recent scans performed. In this table, double-clicking anywhere in a row opens the results for that scan.
- Select the Show Only VMs with Error check box to hide VMs that have no errors.
- Type a name or partial name in the Search field and press Enter to search for VMs by name.
- Select a value in the Show drop-down menu to adjust number of VMs shown per page.
- Click Export and select one of the following options:
- Copy – Copy information to clipboard.
- CSV – Export results in CSV format.
- PDF – Export results in PDF format.
- Print – Generate a printable web version of the results.