Use the agent update feature to update the Horizon Agent Installer for an image and push updates to assignments.
Note the following prerequisites.
- You must have created an Agents file share and added it to Horizon Cloud. This means that you select Agents for the file share type when you create the file share. Agents file shares are used only for importing Horizon Agent Installer files. See Managing File Shares.
- The image must already have DaaS Agent 188.8.131.5232563 or higher and Horizon Agent 184.108.40.20661471 or higher installed.
The agent update feature functions as described below.
- The system makes regular contact with the VMware CDS software distribution network to see if a new version of the Horizon Agent Installer is available. It downloads the new version to a file share that you have set up on a local machine. The update file is then automatically imported into the system and made available to images.
- The availability of an update is indicated on the Images page, where you can apply it to images.
- Upon request, your VMware representative can do the following:
- Adjust the interval between scans for new Horizon Agents Installer versions.
- Adjust the wait time for scans after tenant startup.
- Set your system to skip updating VMs with users currently logged in.
- Set your system to restart VMs before installing agents.
- Click Inventory > Images.
The Images page displays, with a blue dot appearing next to the name of any image that has an Horizon Agent Installer update available. If you hover over a blue dot, a popup displays indicating the new version of the Horizon Agent Installer available for that image.
- Select the check box an image. You can only update agents for one image at a time.
- Click Update Agent.
The Agent Update dialog displays.
- On the Software tab, select the Horizon Agent Installer version to update and click Next.
- (Optional) On the Command Line tab, add any command line options.
- Click Finish.
Note the following:
- A message displays at the top of the page indicating that the update has started.
- The system creates a clone of the image and updates the agent(s) on the clone image.
- Desktops are updated in batches, which cannot be larger than 30. If the assignment has 30 or fewer desktops, all desktops in the assignment will be updated together. Your VMware representative can adjust the batch size if you request it.
- If a desktop has an active session, the user will be warned five minutes before the update occurs.
- If a user attempts to login into a desktop that is being updated, the login will be unsuccessful and the user will receive a message that the desktop is not available.
You can view the progress of the update task by selecting Monitor > Activity. If the task is not successful within 24 hours, it fails.
- Push updates based on the clone image. For more information, see Managing Images.
- (Optional) Delete the original image and rename the clone image with the original image name.