You can edit the name, source path, and destination pod of a file share.
- Select .
- Select the check box next to the file share to edit.
- Click Edit and make your changes.
- Edit the information in the dialog box.
Option Description Name Name of the file share. Domain Domain of the file share. Select from the drop-down list. Username Admin user name for the file share. Password Admin password for the file share.Note: The password cannot contain either a double quotation mark (") or a comma (,). Type Type of file share. Select Agents or VMs, depending on what the file share contains.
- Agents file shares are used only to import agent software updates.
- VMs file shares are used to import VMs and to store downloaded VM logs.
- If you want to use the agent update feature and have multiple tenants, you must create an Agents file share on each of the tenants.
- If you want to import VMs or store logs and have multiple tenants, you must create a VMs file share on each of the tenants.
- You can only have one of each type of file share (that is, one Agents file share and one VMs file share) on a tenant at any given time.
Source Path Network path to file share. Destination Pod [VMs Type only] This text box only displays if you have multiple pods on the tenant. Select the pod from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.