Blast with HTML Access enables access to a desktop using any HTML5 compliant web browser.
To use Blast with HTML Access:
- Each virtual desktop must have the latest versions of the Horizon Agent and DaaS Agent installed.
- For internal access not using Unified Access Gateway, SSL certificate install automation must be configured. See Automating SSL Certificate Install for VMware Blast.
- There are additional requirements for launching remote applications, as described below.
System Requirements for Using HTML Access (Blast)
Browser on client system:
- Chrome 75, 76
- Internet Explorer 11
- Safari 12
- Firefox 67, 68
- Microsoft Edge 42, 44
- VMware Workspace ONE Web - The latest version in the Apple App Store (iOS devices) or Google Play Store (Android devices).
- On an Android device, Chrome does not support the Windows key, multiple monitors, copy and paste to the system, file transfer, printing, H.264 decoding, credential cleanup, and an external mouse. The Del, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+Y, Ctrl+Z key combinations do not work on the software keyboard.
- On a mobile device, Safari does not support an external mouse, the Windows key, multiple monitors, copy and paste to the system, file transfer, printing, H.264 decoding, and credential cleanup.
Client operating systems:
- Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8.x (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- macOS High Sierra (10.13.x)
- macOS Mojave (10.14.x)
- macOS Catalina (10.15.x)
- iOS 10 or later
- Android 7 or later
HTML Access (Blast) Support for RDSH Applications
Launching RDSH applications is supported in HTML Access.
Note the following:
- Unified Access Gateway must be deployed (confirm with your Service Provider).
- This functionality does not work for iOS or Android.