You can run the Horizon Agents Installer on a Windows desktop.
- Download the latest Horizon Agents Installer from the Myvmware download site. Note that there are separate downloads for 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
- Double-click the Horizon Agents Installer file (file name is: VMware-Horizon-Agents-Installer-x.y.z-nnnnnnn-x64.exe for the 64-bit installer).
If you choose to perform a silent install, be aware that not all silent install options are applicable to all platforms.
- Click Configure under Horizon Cloud Endpoint Desktop.
- Make desired configuration changes as described below.
Install paths for components
Enter custom path or leave default.
To enable Instant Clone, select the Instant Clone radio button.Note:
Selecting Instant Clone disables the Horizon 7 Persona Management option below.
Features to install
Select features to install using the available check boxes. You can hover over each selection for more information about that feature.
- Click the forward arrow at the bottom of the wizard to continue.
- If you wish to save the silent install command for future use, copy it from the text box.
- Click Proceed with installation.
The wizard shows installation progress for the components.
- When all components are installed, click Finish.
- Restart the virtual machine when prompted.
What to do next
For improved security regarding the use of the Horizon Agent, disable weak ciphers in SSL and TLS, which requires you to edit the Group Policy Object (GPO) of the Active Directory server. See the appropriate Horizon Agent documentation for information about disabling weak ciphers in SSL/TLS, such as in the VMware Horizon 7 documentation set.